Greetings and thank you for your interest. This is the contest page for the second annual Saturday Morning AMV competition, Katsucon’s PG rated AMV contest! In an attempt to sate the masses we have raised out AMV showdown back to a PG-13 rating and created this event to offer a more family friendly alternative for our younger members to enjoy the AMV experience too. This is an all ages AMV event geared toward children. We had an excellent turn out last year and can’t wait to put on this show again. Also, last year we had enough submissions to create a TV Spots category – for whatever reason we had a lot of editors decide to edit AMVs to cartoon and commercial theme songs and it worked out really well so if you have an idea along those lines they are more than welcome.
The submission period has ended. Thank you all for your entries!
1) This contest is rated PG. If the AMV doesn’t seem to fit in this category, the AMV Department will contact each contestant to verify where the AMV deems to be appropriate in your submission.
2) Please do not add bumpers or credits to your AMV. Any videos submitted with such will be disqualified.
3) No audio may be taken from an English dub.
4) No subtitles/fan subs are allowed unless you add them in yourself
5) AMVs with poor audio/video quality will be disqualified. This includes Interlacing issues, audio quality/distortions, etc., etc.
6) No visible or noticeable studio trademarks may be included in your video submission.
7) Length: Please keep AMV video submission under 5 minutes and 30 seconds total in length. Any submissions over this length will be disqualified.
8) Only three entries allowed per participant per category. This means you may submit three AMVs in AMV Showdown, three in AMV NSFW, three in AMV Blender and three in AMV Saturday Morning.
9) We will not tolerate or allow any plagiarism (defined as “the “wrongful appropriation” and “stealing and publication” of another author’s “language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions” and the representation of them as one’s own original work). Any submissions that are found to plagiarize someone else’s work or submission will be removed and the contestant will be contacted by Katsucon’s AMV Department. If the video submission is found to be plagiarized, you will not be allowed to participate in any future Katsucon AMV contests.
10) In the interest of featuring fresh and exciting content in our AMV competitions we ask that you refrain from submitting AMVs that have won awards in three or more AMV competitions.
11) All AMVs should be at least 75% Japanese animation or game footage.
12) Please do not upload your AMVs to YouTube, Vimeo or anything similar until after the contest.
13) AMV submissions are open to residents of the United States, its territories and all non-United States residents. We want to see what everyone from all over the world has to bring to our AMV’s!
14) Please submit your final videos in the video formats listed below only. This will help us greatly with giving your video the proper amount of time for review and preparing it for the contest. Any videos that require us to edit or change settings will be disqualified.
- NTSC Only, submissions in PAL format cannot be reviewed
- MPEG 2, MP4, and uncompressed AVI are preferred format.
- No Youtube, Vimeo or other links as submissions (Submit through Dropbox or Google Drive please!)
- No Audio bitrate less than 128kbps and/or a sample rate less than 44.1khz.
- No Video resolution less than 720×480 (16:9) or less than 640×480 (4:3).
- No obscure video codecs please! If I cannot easily convert it, it’s out.
- Non-Interlaced video (Progressive) video ONLY