Panelist Registration Overview
Panelists are required to get a panelist badge in order to run a panel for the convention. If you plan on doing a panel for Katsucon DO NOT BUY an attendee badge. In order to run your Panel at Katsucon you must be a registered as a Panelist.
The Live Programming department provides a direct registration link by email to all accepted panelists. Contact Live Programming directly if you have not already received a registration link at the following email address: [email protected]
LOCATION: National Harbor 9
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Thursday 2/16: 6:00 pm – 12:00 am
Friday 2/17: 10:00 am – 12:00 am
Saturday 2/18: 10:00 am – 12:00 am
Sunday 2/19: 10:00 am – 1:30 pm
Upon your arrival at Katsucon 2017 and confirmation of pre-registration or at-the-door registration, you will be issued a personal badge that must be worn at all times in order to gain entry to run your Panel, and entry to the other convention events, activities and convention spaces such as the video rooms or merchant room. When picking up your badge, you must present a valid, government issued, photo identification containing your birthdate. Acceptable forms of identification include: driver’s license, state-issued photo ID, US Government or Military ID card, US or foreign passport. Other identity documents may or may not be accepted at the discretion of our Live Programming department (school identification cards will only be accepted as specified in the section below).
If you are Katsucon staff or a staff associate contact us FIRST before purchasing a Panelist badge.
For those attendees with accessibility challenges, please contact us at least one week prior to the convention using the inquiries form below. We will work with you to offer quick-access Registration line and a badge ribbon that will provide line-jump access, priority seating, Gaylord handicap facility access, and other accommodations. Please don’t hesitate to notify a staffer of any additional needs you may have over the course of the weekend.
All attendees 13 and older are required to show photo identification in order to pick-up or purchase a registration. If you are between the ages of 13-17, and have a student ID from your school that has your legal name and current photo for the 2016/2017 school year, this will be accepted.
If you are between the ages of 13-17 and you do not have any photo ID, but have a parent attending who does have ID and can vouch for who you say you are, this will be accepted.
All attendees under the age of 18 as of February 17, 2017 are required to have a signed copy of the Parental Permission Form to be given to registration staff. There will be ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS to this policy. Copies of the form will be available at the registration desk for attendees purchasing their registrations At-Door, and may also be downloaded here. These forms are required for all attendees under 18, no exceptions. Accepted forms of identification include:
- Driver’s license or learner’s permit
- State-issued Non-Driver ID Card
- ISIC (International Student Identity Card)
- Government or Military ID
Note: If you or your child does not have a photo ID, you may be able to obtain one at a reasonable fee through your state’s Motor Vehicles office. If you have questions or require assistance, please contact us [email protected].
Photo Identification and Parental Permission Forms
A Parental Permission Waiver is required at the time of registration for the purchase of all tickets for ages 17 and under. The waiver reads:
By submitting this registration form, you agree to the following:
I am over the age of eighteen years (18), am competent, am the parent and/or legal guardian of the child named below, and do hereby consent to the child named below, a minor, attending and participating in the convention sponsored by Katsucon Entertainment, Inc., to be held February 17th-19th, 2017 (excepting where one is an adult VIP). I agree, personally and on his/her behalf, to all requirements and agreements set forth by KEI/Katsucon pertaining to his/her attendance, and to waive any claims or causes of action which he/she or I may now or hereafter have against Katsucon Entertainment, Inc., its Board Members, employees, volunteers, and members, arising out of his/her attendance and participation in the convention. I understand that Katsucon Entertainment, Inc., nor its Board Members, employees, volunteers, nor members are not responsible for the supervision of the child named above during his/her attendance at the convention.
For those attendees Registering at-the-door, please print this Parental Permission Form and ensure it accompanies all minors to the convention.
Pre-Registration Refund Policy
While we hope everyone who expresses a desire to attend Katsucon has the opportunity to enjoy our convention experience, we understand that life sometimes interferes with travel plans. To that end, we will honor requests for refunds of pre-registration fees if they meet the following criteria:
- Refunds must be requested through the Eventbrite Please be specific with your requests.
- Donations are not refundable. We pass the money we collect in donations on to charity, we are not able to return it to you, even if your registration is refunded.
- Refunds must be requested by the purchaser of a registration, and funds will be returned directly to the purchaser via method of purchase.
- All requests for refund must be submitted on or before Wednesday, February 1st, 2017.
- Refunds of individuals registrations, when those individuals were registered as part of a group benefiting from a group discount, risk invalidating the group discount if it causes the group to drop below the required number of people.
- Refunds requests will not be accepted after February 1st, for conditions that do not impact Katsucon’s ability to be held as scheduled. Should weather (or other conditions) cause Katsucon to not be held on it’s original date, an additional Refund Request period or transfer to a the rescheduled event will be offered at that time.
- Refund requests will be processed beginning 30 days after the convention, and will be completed within 90 days after the convention. If you have requested a refund and have not received it within a week of the Refund Processing Period (90 days after the convention), please contact us at that time for more information.
- Refunds are made less any fees assessed by our payment processor.
For assistance with the refund process, please see this help file.
Panelist Badge Transfer Policy
If you’ve pre-registered to come to Katsucon and find yourself unable to attend, you transfer your registration using the Eventbrite system.
- Transfers must be requested through the Eventbrite
- Transfers can only be made to another Panelist, Panelist badges cannot be transferred to someone who is not listed as a Panelist for Katsucon 2017.
- All transfers must be submitted on or before Wednesday, February 1st, 2017. You will not be able to change your ticket’s information after this date, not will requests to do so be accepted.
- Please note that once a registration badge has been picked up, that badge is not transferable to another person during the convention.
If you have any questions about this procedure, please see the help article here.
At-Door Registration Refund Policy
Generally, no refunds will be issued for at-door registrations purchased at the convention. Exceptions may be made at the sole discretion of the either the Convention Chair or Treasurer. Refund requests must be made during the convention. These personnel may be located by going to the Information Booth and asking that one of them be contacted via the convention radio.
At-Door and Pre-Registration Rollover Policy
Since the Panelist Badge rates for the convention may vary from one year to the next, no rollovers of at-door or pre-registrations from one year to the next are allowed. If you are pre-registered to attend Katsucon and cannot attend this year’s convention, please ask for a refund prior to the convention.
If you have any questions contact us – to use the Katsucon Panel Questions and General Inquiries Form.