KatsuCon Panels & Workshops:
KatsuCon is a fan convention for anime, manga and Japanese culture enthusiasts. This belief is reflected in the multitude of panels and workshops that are presented every year at the convention. The largest portion of the panels and workshops presented at KatsuCon are designed and presented by fans of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
What does this mean to you? That your panel and workshop ideas are needed! The talent of fans provides many hours of enjoyable and exciting programming. Your knowledge of anime, manga and Japanese culture is exactly what we are looking for.
Who Can Do a Panel or Workshop:
Anyone with the desire and willingness to prepare and present one! You are able to present whether you are new to hosting panels & workshops or a seasoned veteran. You are able to present on a variety of topics. Topics that have been presented in the past range anywhere from “Japanese Tea Ceremony How To”, “Top 20 Anime You Must Watch Before You Die”, “How to Travel in Japan”, “Para Para 101” and “Lolita Fashion Show” and many many more. So if you have an idea……please submit a panel request form!!
- Panel Request forms for KatsuCon 2015 are not currently being accepted The Panel Request form will be open at a later date, so please check back.
Types of Panelists and Maximum Panelists:
- Lead Panelists – are considered the primary organizer/s and creator/s of the particular Live Programming Event. For reimbursement purposes, a maximum of 2 Lead Panelists will be considered for each event. If more than 2 Lead Panelists wish to be considered for the reimbursement, justification may be required for approval from the Live Programming Head.
- Co-Panelists – are additional panelists to any Lead Panelists and are considered panelists who help present the particular Live Programming Event that has been organized and created by the Lead Panelist/s. . For reimbursement purposes, a maximum of 2 Co-Panelists will be considered for each event. If more than 2 Co-Panelists wish to be considered for the reimbursement, justification may be required for approval from the Live Programming Head.
18+ Panels & Workshops:
- 18+ panels & workshops are ones that contain graphic, sexual, extremely violent or obscene material and is not suitable for minors
- Not sure if your panel/workshop contains 18+ material and deserves an 18+ rating….then it most likely does (better safe than sorry)
- ID checks are required to enter
- Panels & workshops that are 18+ will be scheduled between the hours of 10:00 pm & 8:00 am
- Panels & workshops that were not submitted as 18+, but KatsuCon Staff finds that it does contain 18+ material can be cancelled
Late Hour Panels:
- KatsuCon is a 24 hour convention. What does that mean to the perspective panelist? We need panels of all types and are appropriate for all age groups at all times during the convention. Please consider hosting a Live Programming Event between the hours of 12:00 am and 8:00 am. While 18+ programming is restricted to the hours between 10:00 pm and 8:00 am, we would also like to provide interesting non 18+ programming during the Late Hours.
- Any Lead or Co Panelists who do a non 18+ Live Programming Event during Late Hours will receive a 1.5 hour credit for every 1 hour of paneling completed during the Late Hours
13+ Panels & Workshops:
- 13+ panels & workshops are ones that contain mild violence and language or have a complex topic
- 13+ rating is for program description purposes
- No ID checks are required
ChibiKatsu Panels & Workshops:
- KatsuCon is a family convention and wants to make sure that even our youngest fans have ample programming
- ChibiKatsu panels & workshops should be designed with the youngest fans in mind
- ChibiKatsu panels & workshops should be appropriate for ages 5 to 16, with focus on ages 7 to 13
- ChibiKatsu panels usually are presented between the hours of 9:00 am and 10:00 pm
- If a panel for ChibiKatsu exceeds capacity, please note that attendees 16 years of age or less will have priority seating
- Any Lead or Co Panelists who do a Live Programming Event that is designed for and scheduled in the ChibiKatsu Panel room will receive a 1.5 hour credit for every 1 hour of paneling completed in the ChibiKatsu Panel room.
Panel Compensation Policy:
The Panel Compensation Policy will be posted at a later date. Please check back.
Look forward to hearing from you!!!!