2. You may enter more than one costume.
3. Costumes will be selected on quality and construction, as well as popularity of the character and show. This is not first come first serve.
4. Costumes do not have to be made by the cosplayer.
5. All costumes must be pg-13. We will immediately discard any entries that disregard this rule. All costumes must also follow the con guidelines. All weapons must also adhere to the Katsucon’s weapon policy.
6. You must attend the chess meeting prior to the match. There are things that you need to know that will be covered during this time. This will help prevent some of the chaos from occurring during the match.
7. All contestants must be registered for Katsucon. If you are not registered at con or by preregistration, you will not be able to participate. Anyone participating that is under 18, must have a waiver signed by their parents or guardian.
8. This is an act after all so no attacks that could hurt the other cosplayers or damage their costumes. Overall please be considerate of the others involved.
9. Images of your costume must be presented along with the entry form. Please include multiple angles of your costume. You will NOT be considered without all information on your entry, as well as images. All costumes entered must be 100% complete in the reference images. Remember to include your real name, contact email and the series of your character when applying. Also please indicate whether you’d like to be Anime, or Video Games.
10. Feel free to apply as a part of a group, or individually.
11. If we do not get enough pieces for Cosplay Chess by (due date) the event will be canceled early.
12. People from other departments may enter as long as it doesn’t interfere with their schedule.
13. It is really important we get extra pieces just in case of an emergency so please be respectful if you are not picked as a leading chess piece.
14. We will unfortunately cancel the event if our players and back up players are not all present for our match 45 minutes before the event is scheduled to start.