What is the Katsucon 20 Art Show?
The Katsucon 20 Art Show is a showcase for two dimensional and three dimensional anime-oriented works by professional and amateur artists. For attendees, it provides an opportunity to see the artwork up close. For artists, it provides an opportunity for self-promotion and sales of artwork through the Katsucon 20 Art Auction.
Yes, most of the artwork on display will be for sale! We have an on-going art auction that lasts the whole weekend where attendees can bid on artwork that is for sale, in hope of being the high bidder and taking the artwork home. Any piece of artwork with four bids at the time that the Art Show closes on Saturday will go to the “Live Auction” Saturday night following the Cosplay. Any piece with one, two, or three bids is sold to the high bidder at the bid price Saturday evening or Sunday morning.
For any and all questions about the Art Show, please contact the Art Show Director.
Katsucon 20 Art Show Schedule
Artist check-in begins at 10:00 AM on Friday, February 14. The Katsucon 20 Art Show will accept hangings while there is space available until 12:00 PM (noon) on Saturday, February 15.
|Date||Start Time||End Time||Description|
|Friday||10:00 AM||1:00 PM||Artist Check-In ONLY|
|1:00 PM||10:00 PM||Open to the public.|
|10:00 PM||Art Show Closed|
|Saturday||10:00 AM||7:00 PM||Open to the public. Artist check-in closes at 12:00 PM (noon).|
|7:00 PM||7:10 PM||Closed for final auction marking.|
|7:10 PM||8:00 PM||Open to the public. No bidding allowed.|
|8:00 PM||10:00 PM||Art Show closed for Art Auction preparation.|
|10:00 PM||11:00 PM||Art Auction (see schedule at con for location)|
|11:00 PM||Art Show Closed|
|Sunday||10:00 AM||12:00 PM||Open for bidder payments.|
|12:00 PM||1:00 PM||Closed to do administrative work.|
|1:00 PM||4:00 PM||Artist pick-up/payment.|
|4:00 PM||Art Show Closed|
Note: Artwork will continue to be accepted for hanging until Saturday at Noon or whenever space runs out, whichever comes first.
Artist Paperwork for Katsucon 20 Art Show
If you are an artist who will be placing artwork into the art show, you can get a head start on the paperwork. Just download the following forms (PDF format), fill them out, and bring them with you when you check your artwork in to the show:
You will need to download the control sheet, fill in your personal information and list all the artwork you are bringing for display. After that, print out the bid sheets and fill out one bid sheet for each piece of art that you are bringing. All of this can be taken care of at the convention, so it’s completely up to you if you want to fill out this stuff before you come or not.
Note: Don’t be easy with the Quick Sale price! The amount should be around what you’d really want to get for the artwork.
Katsucon 20 Art Show Rules
- NO SMOKING: It’s a fire code violation, and it irritates the oxygen-breathers attending the convention — not to mention that it also ticks off the Art Show Director.
- NO PHOTOGRAPHY: None, nada, zip. Video taping also falls under this prohibition. If you have snuck in a camera and are seen using it, it WILL be confiscated and turned in to Security for the duration of the convention and you will be escorted from the Art Show.
ONLY PROFESSIONAL MEDIA WITH WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THE CONVENTION CHAIRMAN AND ARTISTS ARCHIVING THEIR OWN WORK ARE EXEMPT.
- ALL PACKAGES, LONG COATS AND CLOAKS, CAMERAS AND WEAPONRY MUST BE CHECKED AT THE DOOR: You will not be permitted in the Art Show until such items are safely stowed. It’s as much for your security as for the Art Show’s security AND the safety of the artists’ work.
- DO NOT TOUCH ANY PIECE OF 3-D ARTWORK: Only if the artist has made a note or sign allowing and/or inviting you to touch the artwork and has made the Art Show Director aware of this permission can you do so.
- NO FOOD OR DRINK IS ALLOWED INTO THE ART SHOW: If you should have any food or drink with you, finish consuming it outside the Art Show before entering. You will not be permitted into the Art Show if you do not comply — you risk the wrath of both the Art Show Director and the artists, especially if you damage any work.
- BIDDERS MUST PROVIDE PAYMENT BY NOON ON SUNDAY: Payment can be made before this time, either during or immediately after the art auction Saturday night. If payment is not recieved by this time, the art will be returned to the artist. NO EXCEPTIONS. We are also required to collect sales tax.
- NO ONE UNDER THE AGE OF SIXTEEN WILL BE PERMITTED INTO THE HENTAI SECTION WITHOUT AN ADULT. Corollary rule: NO ONE UNDER THE AGE OF TWELVE WILL BE PERMITTED IN THE HENTAI SECTION AT ALL. Sorry, but sexually explicit material is only to be viewed by those individuals deemed either by the law or the parents/guardians to be mentally and emotionally mature.
- QUICK SALES: Quick Sale pricing on artwork will only be active after 3 PM on Friday. We request that if you choose to do a Quick Sale on a piece that you notify Art Show staff and that you don’t pick it up until Sunday morning (to allow the Artist to get exposure during the convention), unless you are only there for that day.
- BIDDING: Bidding is open from 1 PM Friday until 7 PM on Saturday. The Art Show will close for a short time, then re-open to the public until 8 PM on Saturday to allow bidders to check on items to see if they have gone to the Live Auction.