Katsucon is an all volunteer organization that’s run by folks like you! If you’d like to participate, check out some of our opportunities.
Three Social Media Assistants
- Must be comfortable with social media platforms including facebook, twitter, google+, youtube, and tumblr.
- Availability to post and monitor on social media sites for 10-15 hours over a 5 day period weekly
- Ability to provide reports and statistics to supervisor and leadership
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Will be required to learn some Katsucon policies
- Will be monitoring and responding to comments on Katsucon’s official social media outlets. Will report to supervisor with inquires.
- Must be available during Katsucon event.
Video/Photography ad producer
- Experience in video and photo mediums in the cosplay, anime, convention field
- Experience in audio visual production
- Experience in Graphic design & image editing
- *must submit portfolio
- Will be responisble for creating promotional *****
- Must be available/flexible throughout the year for additional projects.
- Will be responsible for advertisement production
- Must have good communication and social skills
- Experience in customer service preferred
- Require little to no supervision
- Must be willing to learn about the sponsor and their business
- Will be responsible for making sure everything has been taking care of within specifications of the agreement with sponsors. Will be working directly with sponsorship representative at convention.
- Must be available for Thursday-Sunday of Katsucon.
Panel Room Coordinator
- Will work with the Department Head and Assistant Department Head(s) and other associated parties (if/when applicable) to:
- Plan, organize and communicate throughout the year to prepare the Programming schedule for the convention.
- Input data into the Live Programming Team’s Panel Log Book in order to track, analyze and report attendance data for various events during the convention.
- Ensure that panels and other events start/end at their scheduled time.
- Control the exits and entrances to event rooms
- Contact the appropriate personnel to request additional supplies, panel room refreshing, changes of room setup, or breakdown of room setup.
- Check in panelist 10-15 minutes prior to panels start time & report any last minute changes to an Assistant Department Head or Department Head.
- Identify areas of opportunity for additional skill building and training, as well as partner with team members to identify other learning opportunities
- Identifying and reporting the location of the Live Programming Panel Log Book
- Provide customer service through answering customer questions on Programming schedule, directing customers to event locations, convention resources/personnel or hotel services in a polite, courteous and respectful manner.
- Will need to have knowledge of and access to the technical needs of the panel rooms as well as be able to contact the appropriate personnel for problem resolution and technical support.
- Maintain all local, state and Federal safety guidelines for public events, as well as insure that all team members, technical staff, patrons and performers are following these guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have prior customer service and be able to work in a team/group environment -must have experience with using computer based equipment (PC, Mac, tablet computing devices, smartphones, etc), the Internet (and associated software such as internet browsers and applications), computer software (Microsoft based program suites such as Office which include Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.), as well as experience with composing, sending and responding to email.
- Must be able to interact with the general public and be prepared to address customer needs, as well as direct the customer to the correct resource(s) .
- Must be able to attend individual and team meetings through out the year via phone, Skype and convention “all hands” meetings such as the “Crash Meeting” and “Dead Dog Meeting” (if requested).
- Must be able to attend Katsucon convention on all required days of the convention and work the required number of team staff hours per the agreement for being allowed to use the convention crash space, staff badge and staff meal plan.
- Must be able to communicate with team members, Live Programming Operations Team leadership￼, Division Head and convention leadership on a consistent, ongoing basis. (including being reachable by phone, email, text or online especially in emergencies throughout the year. This includes before and after the Katsucon convention.)
- Must be willing to follow all Katsucon business and Human Resources policies including business ethics, harassment, intellectual property, confidentiality, legal and communications guidelines.